My photo
Welcome! As "Annie in Austin" I blog about gardening in Austin, TX with occasional looks back at our former gardens in Illinois. My husband Philo & I also make videos - some use garden images as background for my original songs, some capture Austin events & sometimes we share videos of birds in our garden. Come talk about gardens, movies, music, genealogy and Austin at the Transplantable Rose and listen to my original songs on YouTube. For an overview read Three Gardens, Twenty Years. Unless noted, these words and photos are my copyrighted work.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

King Cake


When I made this cake in 2004 it was pretty good - a sort of yeast coffee cake. I can't find the recipe that was used, but this recipe looks good, although I was a lot stingier with the colored sugar.
If you get the baby you host the next party.

4 comments:

Carol Michel said...

I think your king cake looks better than the one with all the colored sugar on it. I'm curious who got the baby.

Annie in Austin said...

2004 was only four years ago -you'd think I could remember - maybe it was me and I forgot to make the cake for 2005?

Annie

Naturegirl said...

I like yours too much sugar on the other.

Anonymous said...

Your blog was very useful to me.
A picture of your blog was very beautiful, so I copied. Thank you very much.
Please see my blog.
http://iyasaka.blogspot.com/